2019 Manawatu MTB Club Champs
Sunday 8th December 2019
All of our MMBC members and interested riders are encouraged to come and ride the 2019 MMBC Club Champs at the Arapuke MTB Park. There will be races for all grades from Mites to Vet 4, including recreational men’s and women’s grades, with courses to suit. This year we are utilising the brand new cross country trail Siberian Express as the core of the course for the adult grades.
This is an event for the whole family, from recreational riders keen to ride our fantastic Arapuke trails with other club members to hardened racers.
The Manawatu MTB Club Championships will be held at the Arapuke MTB Park with the base at the car park at the top of Scott’s Road. There is no water supply at the car park so bring plenty of water for the day.
The courses are shown on the attached map and include the following trails. Start and finish for the Mites, Under 11s and Under 13s are at the carpark at the top of Scott’s Road. Start/finish for the older grades will be at the Shuttle Drop-off Hub.
The shuttle will be used to transport spectators and supporters up to the start/finish.
Red Course: Karearea to 1st Road, Yeah Nah, Checkpoint Charlie, Arapuke Rd, Siberian Express
Yellow Course: Icebreaker, Swamp Monster
Green Course: Icebreaker to Dam and back to car park.
Junior Rec will be run before the main races so we can get out and support our young riders.
Registration 10:30 – 1:00 pm
Junior Rec Briefing 11:50 pm
Junior Rec Start 12:00 pm
Main Races Briefing 1:15 pm
Race Start 1:30 pm
Year of Birth
2007 and after
2005 – 2006
2003 – 2004
2001 – 2002
1990 – 2000
1980 – 1989
1970 – 1979
1960 – 1969
Note: Grades to be as per BikeNZ. i.e. Age at the end of 2019.
While trophies will only be awarded to club members entry is open to anyone wanting to ride.
Members of Manawatu/Whanganui MTB Clubs: $5 or $10 per family
Non Members: $10 or $20 per family
We’ll let you know via Facebook if we have to cancel due to extreme weather.
Clubs Champs Rules
The series will generally be run under the rules of the UCI and MTBNZ. Specific rules that apply include;
* All riders must wear a correctly fitting helmet.
* Repairs and wheel changes can be made at the start/finish area as long as competitors re-enter the course where they left it.
* Bike changes are not permitted.
* No headphones to be worn while racing.
* Passing Etiquette;
* Please use common sense and courtesy when passing and being passed. We are all sharing the same track with a wide range of speed and skills.
* Front rider has right of way but must not impede a faster rider.
* Passing rider should call clearly when a passing opportunity arises.
* When being lapped please move aside for faster riders as soon as possible.