2018 Manawatu MTB Club Champs
Sunday 11th November 2018
The Manawatu MTB Club Championships will be held at the Arapuke MTB Park with the base at the car park at the top of Scott’s Road. There is no water supply at the car park so bring plenty of water for the day.
The Manawatu MTB Club Championships will be held at the Arapuke MTB Park with the base at the car park at the top of Scott’s Road.
The courses are shown on the attached map. Start and finish at the carpark at the top of Scott’s Road, they include the following trails;
Red Course Road, Twister (~1/2), Jack & the Beanstalk, About Time, Billy Goat, Rocky, top of Icebreaker (
Yellow Course Road, Twister (~1/2), Jack & the Beanstalk, About Time, Icebreaker to
Green Course Bottom of Jack Frost
Junior Rec will be run before the main races so we can get out and support our young riders.
Registration 11:30 – 1:00 pm
Junior Rec Briefing 12:20 pm
Junior Rec Start 12:30 pm
Main Races Briefing 1:15 pm
Race Start 1:30 pm
While trophies will only be awarded to club members entry is open to anyone wanting to ride.
Members of Manawatu MTB Clubs
$5 or $10 per family
$10 or $20 per family
We’ll let you know via Facebook if we have to cancel due to extreme weather.
Clubs Champs Rule
The series will generally be run under the rules of the UCI and MTBNZ. Specific rules that apply include;
* All riders must wear a correctly fitting helmet.
* Repairs and wheel changes can be made at the start/finish area as long as competitors re-enter the course where they left it.
* Bike changes are not permitted.
* No headphones to be worn while racing.
* Passing Etiquette;
* Please use common sense and courtesy when passing and being passed. We are all sharing the same track with a wide range of speed and skills.
* Front rider has right of way but must not impede a faster rider.
* Passing rider should call clearly when a passing opportunity arises.
* When being lapped please move aside for faster riders as soon as possible.